GainLearning Center is combining its intensive ESL program with an exciting excursion program that highlights the Sights & Sounds of New York City in summer of 2017. The aim of this program is to help youth and young adults from all around the globe explore the culture, language and life of US Americans. In addition to providing daily intensive ESL classes, this program also provides 13-18 year old students with a first-class educational experience through direct exposure to the American culture and the cultural mosaic that makes up the most culturally diverse metropolitan area in the US. The ESL and Cultural Immersion Summer Program combines 16-20 hours a week of Intensive ESL classes with cultural excursion activities 2 days a week.
LOCATION: New Jersey Summer Camp
This program takes place at our learning and training center in Rutherford, NJ situated in a small American community within two train stops access into the New York City metro area. New York City is considered to be the most diverse multicultural city in the US and one of the busiest and most populated urban centers in the world.
All inclusive 2 week, 4 week or 6 week intensive English summer programs for ages 13 to 18
PROGRAM PACKAGE INCLUSIONS
- Daily ESL classes Mondays through Thursdays
- All ESL Materials
- Lunch meals at our center
- Three excursions in NYC per week including admission tickets and taxes (does not include the cost of dining out)
- Transportation to and from NYC excursions
- Transportation to/from airport (Newark Airport; JFK for an additional fee)
- Family homestays available for an extra fee throughout duration of stay
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 9:00 to 9:30 am Morning Meet & Greet
- 9:30 to 12:00 pm ESL Classes
- 12:00 to 12:30 pm Noon Open conversation
- 12:30 to 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 to 3:00 pm ESL Classes
- 3:00 to 5:00 pm Optional activities
After 3:00 pm, students are free for the rest of the day, unless they sign up for optional activities (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays) for an add-on fee.
Optional activities include Internships, study classes, lab work, library hours, college prep classes or personal statement sessions.
On Monday, Wednesday or Saturday, students must meet at the center at 3:30 pm (10 am on Saturday) to leave with the group for a NYC excursion.
ESL homework will be assigned on Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week.