GainContact has a strong commitment to self development and the establishment of goals, plans, and insight into one’s self. Our personal development programs are designed with key aspects and theories to assist our participants with improving self-awareness, increasing self-knowledge, building and renewing identity, developing strengths and talents, identifying areas of improvement and areas of potential, and fulfilling aspirations. Interactive workshops, which use multi-modal approaches to learning, incorporate a group atmosphere while allowing room for individual development. Embarking upon a journey of self discovery is certainly a task at hand, however with the help of our personal development workshops, participants will feel structured and supported along their journey of personal clarification.
The following is a list of our current workshops:
- Anatomy of Healthy Living –The key to adopting a healthier lifestyle, starting with nourishing one’s body through being educated about its mechanics to nurturing ones soul through reflection and introspection. This workshop is designed to educate young ladies and women about the nutritional needs for a healthy lifestyle and the skills to nurture both one’s body and mind, in order to create an environment conducive to physical and personal growth.
- Living in Motion – This program is designed to give women the understanding, skills, and motivation to develop their best life and create the best version of themselves. The central theme of this course is for women to develop an improved understanding and appreciation of key concepts and strategies important to living a balanced, fulfilling, and productive life.
- Step Into The Limelight – Gaining confidence, increasing positive self image, and creating a healthy personal schema for life are several of the intended objectives for this workshop. It is designed to act as a catalyst that will help strengthen self-esteem and teach the skills needed to be a self-assured and confident woman. Reinforcing a healthy self image opens doors in life that our participants may not have been able to imagine for themselves.
- Navigating Your Worldly Role – As worlds collide, it is easy to feel lost amongst conflicting roles and belief system. Our workshop allows women to clear up the mental space needed to begin the assessment process of one’s wants, needs, and potential paths. This workshop is designed to blend current beliefs and roles with that of your imagined future and possibilities; creating an ego-syntonic concept of life lived to its fullest potential.
- Plug-in and Recharge – The participants of this workshop will leave feeling uplifted, rejuvenated, educated, and empowered to take control of their mind and defeat their inner saboteur. Having gained personal insight, our members will reconnect with their bodies, create healing relationships, and uncover their competence. They will learn what causes sadness, how it affects the brain, and how to counteract the challenges of living in a stressful society.
- Got Knots? – Stress, anxiety, worry: No matter what you call it; it affects your quality of life. The purpose of this workshop is to help our participants understand what this feeling is, what causes it, what perpetuates it, and some basic tools and strategies for overcoming it. This workshop is intended to help overcome the patterns of discomfort and/or avoidance that undoubtedly interfere with life goals, communication, social situations, relationships, work, and more.
- Resiliency After Trauma – Along every path, there are boulders and branches that get in the way; sometimes those events can seemingly block the view of what lies beyond. This workshop is intended to lend itself to those that have suffered more than they can bear. It is designed to establish safety, understand emotions, and to allow its partakers to reestablish a firm connection with the belief that life does go on and can be successful and fulfilling.
- Trials and Tribulations – Although there are no sure answers in life about why things happen the way they do, the best that anyone can do is to stand up and recognize that although life is sometimes unfair, painful, and cruel, there are ways to deal with negative circumstances that foster the mindset of forward healthy momentum. The Trials and Tribulations workshop deals with these experiences first hand, and provides the competencies and support needed for personal growth.
- L.I.F.E. – Our L.I.F.E workshop is created as the first step to overcoming the stigma attached to learning and social disorders. Although there is no cure for such maladies, through education and community involvement and support, a new level of acceptance can be found. Learning the appropriate communication skills, problem solving skills, and relationship building skills needed to interact with a child of special needs is an enlightening process that is sure to bridge the gap and create a successful environment for your child.